
An unidentified Chinese worker sits in a hospital after he was injured when unidentified gunmen killed three Chinese workers in Peshawar July 8, 2007. Unidentified gunmen killed three Chinese workers and wounded one in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar on Sunday, Pakistani police and officials said. REUTERS/Ali Imam (PAKISTAN)
3 Chinese shot dead in Peshawar
Staff Report
PESHAWAR: Unidentified gunmen shot dead three Chinese workers in the city of Peshawar late on Sunday, police said.
Khazana police station Moharrir Ghaffar said that the four Chinese nationals had been attacked at around 9.30pm near the Landi Sarak area, where they were building three-wheeled Qinqi auto-rickshaws.
CNG-propelled autorickshaws
Capital City Police Officer Abdul Majeed Marwat confirmed that unidentified gunmen who had been riding in cars had killed three Chinese citizens. He said the man who was injured had been admitted to the Lady Reading Hospital here. Police have registered a case and started an investigation.
Agencies add: Witnesses said several bearded men came to the house in a jeep and barged into the house that was serving as the Chinese men’s residence and auto-rickshaw factory. “We do not know what was the motive behind the attack and an investigation is underway,” police officer Aslam Khan said.
The wounded Chinese man said, “My son and two nephews were killed, everything is finished.” The incident comes in the wake of a spate of attacks in recent days on security forces in the region bordering Afghanistan. The attacks have coincided with an ongoing confrontation between security forces and Lal Masjid.
China on Thursday, voiced support for the Pakistani government’s crackdown on the mosque, but also urged Islamabad to do a better job of protecting Chinese nationals.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007%5C07%5C09%5Cstory_9-7-2007_pg1_6

No comments:
Post a Comment